Logosol B1001 Band Sawmill with 23 HP Gas Motor (Briggs & Stratton).
Next-generation band sawmill, loaded with power and capacity
The B1001 is the largest of Logosol´s Band Sawmills. The model is Swedish-made and offers a revolutionary design. Logs up to 1001 mm in diameter can be processed on this sawmill. A unique height adjustment of the sawhead enables you to cut with precision every time.
The Logosol B1001 is an extremely stable band sawmill that gives you professional capacity. The sturdy rail frame is by a wide margin designed to stand up to the weight of the large logs this sawmill can handle.
The B1001 is easier to setup and use compared to other brands in the same class. A big advantage is that the sawhead is adjusted in fixed steps, which gives a quick and exact adjustment of the depth of cut. A full turn of the crank is always 1", and a step of 1/8" compensates for the kerf. On the height adjustment scale there is a Last-Cut indicator that helps you remember where your last cut was made, and works as a reference for the next cut. This allows you to work quickly and comfortably with a perfect result.
Sturdy log clamps
Log clamps with sturdy handles and a robust design secure the log with great force without damaging the wood. They work just as well when you take the first cut as when you cut the last, thin board.
Reliable rail frame
A standard equipped B1001 can cut logs that are up to 4850 mm in length and up to 1001 mm in diameter. If you are going to cut longer logs, the sawmill can be extended to any length. The sturdy rail frame is generously strengthened and designed to be placed directly on the ground. If the sawmill needs to be moved it can be loaded on a normal braked trailer and towed to the location where it will be used.
A tube construction optimizes the torsional rigidity. This gives you a lightweight but strong rail frame that stays perfectly straight even under the load of the largest logs.
The aluminium bandwheels are combined fan wheels that cool the band blade and work as air brakes. The fan wheels blow the sawdust out of the cover and help keep the sawhead clean, which is a great advantage when changing blades or when other maintenance services are made on the machine.
Power adds capacity
Our powerful motors give you extra capacity. Available options are a petrol engine of 23 hp and an electric motor of 12 kW (3-phase, 400 V). The 23 hp petrol option a Briggs & Stratton heavy-duty, Japanese-made, professional engine. The electric motor is highly efficient and can give close to double the rated power during the cutting operation if necessary.
The Logosol LM410 XL Log House Moulder fits the rails of the B1001 and is available in either a petrol or electric version. The cutter block is 410 mm wide, which allows for profiling large log house beams or just planing square beams.
Extensions and other accessories are available, allowing you to upgrade the B1001 to suit your production.
Prepared for automation
The Logosol Smart Set is a completely new way of controlling the sawing operation on sawmills of this price range. Instead of outdated and expensive hydraulics the Logosol Smart Set is built of smart electric motors and a modern user interface, where you can control your sawmill completely digitally - with precision down to hundredths of a millimeter.
The first step is the automatic feeding and height adjustment of the sawhead. From that you can add on the rest of the log handling functions as you go.
During the last two years, Logosol has been developing this system from the ground up, to once more revolutionize and simplify sawmilling for customers around the world.
The Logosol Smart Set will be launched in 2018 and can be added to every B1001 Band Sawmill.
Ready to go
The Logosol B1001 is a very competent Band Sawmill. The sawmill comes with the sawhead pre-assembled and a detailed user and assembly manual. You only have to assemble the rails before the sawmill is ready to start. You can start sawing shortly after you have received the sawmill and quickly get started with your production. With the B1001, you also get a sawblade, levelling feet, two log clamps, two log supports, water cooling, adjustable blade guides and the Logosol peace-of-mind guarantee with a 2-year manufacturing warranty and free support.
• Powerful motor options. A petrol engine of 23 hp and a 12 kW electric motor
• Reliable rail frame with a tube construction that remains straight even under the load of the heaviest logs.
• Pre-assembled sawhead and simple setup. Levelling feet are included.
• Standard cutting length is 4850 mm. If you are going to cut longer logs, the sawmill can be extended to any length.
• Robust and solid. A stable construction that gives you an amazing sawing result.
• The best manual height adjustment of the sawhead on the market. The sawhead is adjusted in fixed steps. A full turn of the crank is always 1", and a step of 1/8" compensates for the kerf.
• Last-Cut indicator on the height adjustment scale helps you remember your last cut and becomes a reference for the next.
• Two log clamps are included, which secure the log with great force without damaging the wood. They work just as well when you take the first cut as when you cut the last, thin board.
• Exact blade guiding, which you only find on considerably bigger and more expensive sawmills.
• Developed from the ground up. Intergrated functions give a clean design.
• Patent-pending aluminium bandwheels that are combined fan wheels. They cool the sawblade and work as air brakes. This helps keep the cover clean from sawdust and if you connect a chip extractor the work site will also be a lot cleaner. This is a big advantage especially when you are changing blades or doing maintenance service on the sawmill.
• More Smart sets are being developed and some are launched in 2018.
Max. log diameter: 1001 mm
Max. cutting width: 850 mm
Max. cutting length: 4850 mm
Min. thickness on the last board: 25 mm (1 inch)
Petrol engine: 23 hp
Electric motor: 12 kW, 3-phase, 400 V, 50 hz
Width: 33 mm
Rotational speed: 30 m/s
Diameter: 500 mm
Maintenace free bearings
Integrated fan for cooling and effective cleaning of the cover.